Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2011 Fiesta Hatchback

Waldo389

What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE
I have a quick question on the used 2011 Fiesta I just purchased. I have hard time filling gas tank. I read it could be the NVDL module. Where is the darn thing located. I read it was under the back seat. Didn’t find anything under the rear seat. I also read fuse F27 in engine compartment. That slot is empty. Looks like empty slot anyway

Any help would be appreciated. It gets old trying to put gas in it.

Sincerely

Waldo389

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You are probably experiencing a failure of the fuel vapor cannister purge valve. This valve senses an increase in the vapor pressure of the fuel system. In response to either a temperature change or the introduction of more fuel being added, this valve opens up a path for fuel vapors to be pushed into the charcoal cannister that is located just behind the fuel tank (and visible. It's mounted to a bracket under the spare tire well). Be very careful when working on or near this cannister! The hoses must not be damaged when handling. The purge valve mounts to the cannister. This component is a critical evaporative emission control device.As such, it's expensive. Several hundred dollars just for the cannister and valve.
The slow fill rate is caused by the fuel going in the tank meeting resistance from those vapors with no place to go.

Attachments