Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question for those with Cyborg Turbo setups

Hey everyone.
I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a Cyborg setup but first I have one pressing question. Heat. How much extra heat does this turbo make? By pushing 24 psi all the way to redline, wouldn't the turbo run hotter? I track my FiST quite a bit, and already am battling cooling issues, last thing I want to do is upgrade the turbo and have my car overheat more quickly. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
[MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] [MENTION=2063]Dustys318[/MENTION] [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] [MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I believe [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION] and [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] have road course experience with the Cyborg. Speaking to mountain carving and drag, it's gonna ultimately come down to your intercoolers efficiency. This is because the Cyborg does run hot, especially running 24psi to redline. A good tuner will taper it, letting timing do the job up top to combat the heat. Or you could just run meth. But like I said, intercooler efficiency and air flow to it will be the best to tame the heat for power.

Get yourself a GT28R turbo, catless downpipe, 2JR Cowl intake, E30 etune from Adam (Tune+), hit 300whp and call it good... $2500 or so total spent...

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
I believe [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION] and [MENTION=636]RAAMaudio[/MENTION] have road course experience with the Cyborg. Speaking to mountain carving and drag, it's gonna ultimately come down to your intercoolers efficiency. This is because the Cyborg does run hot, especially running 24psi to redline. A good tuner will taper it, letting timing do the job up top to combat the heat. Or you could just run meth. But like I said, intercooler efficiency and air flow to it will be the best to tame the heat for power.
I did not run a Cyborg only factory and the DHM kit so far.
I have the Cobb intercooler, considering I already run hot at the track, going bigger would warrant a bigger intercooler wouldn't it? Like DHMs race cooler. What sorts of coolant temps are you guys seeing with your kits after extensive track/mountain carving sessions?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
After having two versions of the cyborg, I feel confident in saying that a bigger intercooler (whether DHM or Mishimoto) would be optimal.

At the drag strip after a few runs, even back to back with a few minutes in between, coolant temps are normal. But that's to be expected at the 1320. I haven't had this kit out in the mountains yet, but I personally, didn't have any issues on the stock turbo or the cyborg. And I once blasted through 45 min worth of twisties, up hill, at night...white knuckles all the way lol. But I still didn't have any coolant issues.