Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2018 Fiesta Fuel Consumption

City
WsM
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2018 Fiesta
Hi All,
I have recently brought a 2018 Fiesta with a 1.0 litre eco boost (138hp). I seem to only be getting in the mid / high 20’s for my average mpg, currently it’s sat at 28.4 and I only seem to get around 200 / 250 miles from a tank. I am driving as eco as I can but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. From what I have seen the quoted mpg should be nearer 40 for round town driving. Is the low mpg normal or do I have an issue somewhere? And if there an issue has anyone else had anything similar? Any help or advice will be appreciated as I am getting tired of the constant trips to fill up the tank.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Time to check your car, see if a simple "roll test" can help you.

Just find an empty parking lot and just find a spot in it that's pretty flat, maybe away from a drain grate - and if you can notice the slope, park or orient your car to follow the slope down that grade - and see how well it rolls when you put it in neutral and leave the brake off.

Then try using the handbrake - if you have rolling issues with a type of brakes - this may help you figure out what may cause your loss of MPG.

Do several tests this way - to see what you can detect to see if any dragging issues or hang-ups can be detected, then you know where you're losing your MPG on.

Also - are you checking Tire pressure?

How's the Alignment? Any drift?

When it rolls, any whirring sounds or gentle churning sound that gets more noticeable as you gain speed?

All the above usually indicates a problem with the drive line or alignment one fashion or another.