Caveat Emptor - Let the buyer beware of DynamikiLLu51ons!

OP
R
Thread Starter #2
The reaction on the Fusion Facebook groups was HUGE!! I too am a DynamikiLLu51ons customer and here's my experience in time line fashion. I kept quiet for a long time until G.Pitty posted bonder's experience on the Facebook groups:

In July 2013, I placed my order for headlights with a retrofit, laser halos and red demon eyes. Tyler (sbmsport) offered his spare set that he started doing a retrofit, but wasn't going to finish. I sent two separate payments to Francis on 7/31/2013:
1. for the headlights
2. for Moritmoto ballasts Tyler hand-delivered his headlights to Francis when he and Emma swapped exhaust systems.

I wasn't given a timeframe as to when the headlights would be done. I was hoping to have them within 4 weeks. That was not the case. I asked for status updates month after month. Each month I was given a different reason as to what was taking so long on Facebook Messenger:

8/13/2013 - I'm told "I've got 12 simultaneous headlight projects so lights/pics will be posted at random times on Instagram and here"
8/23/2013 - Francis sent me a picture of the Morimoto ballasts
9/18/2013 - I'm told "yooo currently in class. got one completely done, one more left. sorry its taking so long. been busy"
10/17/2013 - I'm told "Hey rob, I've got two projects that backed me up a lot this past couple months - once I get these two done completely I'll have a better eta. Sorry for the delay man- life happens quick. These two projects will be done by Wednesday so by then I should have a better eta for sure"
11/03/2013 - I was told this - "Ok time to let you in the secret.. Reason it's taking so long is because I'm designing your headlights along the new "black series" line I'm releasing - and I'm modifying your lights to have the million color-shift demon eye setup". I didn't hear anything else after that.
12/14/2013 - I ask for a status update and I'm asked to provide my cell number. No phone call.
12/16/2013 I send this: "Francis - haven't heard from you yet and I asked for a status update Friday. I sent you my cell # Saturday. I've been VERY VERY patient with you since I sent you the $ back in July. I am asking you - what is going on?" We talk on the phone. He tells me that there was some sort of issue with Tyler's headlights and that he was going to replace Tyler's headlights with new ones that he'll pay for. He was also going to send me the wiring kit, HID bulbs, HID fogs, and the color-shift controller for the demon eyes for waiting and being very patient.
12/24/2013 - I received the HID fogs
12/26/2013 - I received the passenger-side headlight, HID bulbs, color-shift module plus remote for the demon eyes.
12/31/2014 - I was told that the reason why I didn't receive the driver's side headlight package was because "it got returned back to me - I had asked why and they said a "common" reason was misinterpretation of packaging label such as invalid zip code or address." I was only given one tracking number only for one package.
1/3/2014 - I received the second headlight, the wiring kit, and some no-name ballasts (not Morimoto ballasts that I paid for). There was a slight problem with the headlight I received - it was another passenger side! We talked on the phone and he would remedy the issue at his own cost.
1/9/2014 - I receive the WiFi controller for the demon eyes. I'm also told "I'm literally just waiting for the projector. i think it'll be here
tomorrow or saturday when i last checked shipping"
1/14/2014 - I'm told that he finally received the projector he ordered
1/15/2014 - I receive the WiFi controller for the color shift demon eyes. I'm also told that the driver's side headlight would ship by the weekend.
I didn't hear anything
1/20/2015 - I'm told "Working on em now, ran into a wiring issue last night with the high beam. Will get you the tracking number when it's out! (Could be 7pm tonight, could be tomorrow morning/afternoon)."
1/21/2015 - I receive tracking info for the headlight
1/23/2014 - I finally received the driver's side headlight. Two weeks later I shipped the 2nd passenger headlight back to Francis.

This was my experience and timeline. Photos, installation experience, details and more to come later.

OP
R
Thread Starter #3
Here's some of DynamikiLLu51ons customer experiences that were posted on the Fusion Facebook groups:

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
And then Friday, another review was posted and shared among the Fusion Facebook groups and the Headlight Junkies Facebook group. The review is very long. The customer had D51 do a custom job on Spec-D headlights for his Fusion Sport. Here's the pictures of the finished product after the owner realized that D51's work wasn't what he wanted and asked for. The pictures speak for themselves:

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
UPDATE: the customer and Francis were able to work things out and make things right. The customer had to perform a lot of repairs on his own to get his setup working correctly. Francis apologized, giving him some money back and sending the him a new set of projectors that he'll install himself. While the customer is happy with the final outcome, he's still very upset that he received his headlights in the condition that they were in and that he had to work on them on his own to clean things up and get them working properly.

With all the bad press going around, I guess Francis had to do something right. While he may have corrected one customer's issues, he still refuses to give a refund to bonder from my original post. It's been 1 year and 4 months!