City
Halifax
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2020 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Hi! My name is Corey and I drive a 2020 Ford Ecosport Titanium. I've been struggling to have a creaking/squeaking noise diagnosed for years and I've taken it to three different dealerships. This is a noise that occurs when going over bumps/speedbumps in dry/cold conditions. It sounds metallic, as if something metal is grinding that should not be and it's coming from the rear of the vehicle. Similar to a bed frame sqeak. It comes and go's - sometimes I think the dealership has finally fixed it but it always comes back. They've replaced shocks, steering knuckles, bushings, and control arms.

If anyone has had a similar experience, please let me know. My warranty is expiring soon and I need this fixed. I have a video the demonstrates this noise but I don't think I can post it here. If this sounds like something you've experienced, let me know and I can send it to you directly.

Thank you - I'm desparate here.

ecosport.jpg

Last edited:

WyldRose

City
Calgary
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Titanium
I have the same, but have never had it diagnosed - mine is AWD as well.

OP
C

cornitzz

City
Halifax
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2020 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Thread Starter #5
Hi! I think the dealership has finally diagnosed the issue. They repalced both rear sway bar bushings and that seems to have been the fix. This has been a recurring issue on this car so I'll have to wait and see if this actually is the fix or not but it's been very quiet for about a month now. They told me the bushings were dried out and cracked.

WyldRose

City
Calgary
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2019 Titanium
Hi! I think the dealership has finally diagnosed the issue. They repalced both rear sway bar bushings and that seems to have been the fix. This has been a recurring issue on this car so I'll have to wait and see if this actually is the fix or not but it's been very quiet for about a month now. They told me the bushings were dried out and cracked.
Thanks! I will bring it up with my shop!

XR650R

City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 Fiesta ST
I hope that fixed it.