Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Emissions Test

Rjjgabi

City
Lorain
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta
I have a 2012 Ford Fiesta and need to pass the State of Ohio’s emission test. I ran a check and these are the codes:
P0054
P0456
P0140
P0136
See attached picture.
I am looking for any help getting this passed so I can renew tags. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Since 3 of the 4 codes all say it's an oxygen sensor, that's the issue. You need to replace it. A decent muffler shop can do it.

The evap may only be showing up because of the oxygen sensor. Just fix that, first.

OP
R

Rjjgabi

City
Lorain
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Since 3 of the 4 codes all say it's an oxygen sensor, that's the issue. You need to replace it. A decent muffler shop can do it.

The evap may only be showing up because of the oxygen sensor. Just fix that, first.
How do I know if it is the upstream or downstream sensor? Thanks

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
The evap system has nothing to do with the catalyst emissions system... you have a leak in your evap line somewhere. Usually this code goes off if a gas cap is loose, but considering Fiestas don't have those...

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The Heated exhaust gas oxygen sensor is inop. Its the downstream one. Check the wiring and connector shell condition first. It's telling you theres no activity. IE no power to the sensor. You dont mention how many miles are on your fiesta. You don't commonly see the downstream sensor fail before you roll up 90k plus.
The minor Evap leak code could be a loose or damaged hose on the vapor cannister or a failing fuel filler pipe seal. You didn't mention if you have had the evap mil prior to the hego mil.
That fuel filler pipe, Ford calls it "Easy Fill", is considedered an emissions component and should be covered under the emissions service life warranty. I believe thats either 120 or 150 k.

OP
R

Rjjgabi

City
Lorain
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #7
The Heated exhaust gas oxygen sensor is inop. Its the downstream one. Check the wiring and connector shell condition first. It's telling you theres no activity. IE no power to the sensor. You dont mention how many miles are on your fiesta. You don't commonly see the downstream sensor fail before you roll up 90k plus.
The minor Evap leak code could be a loose or damaged hose on the vapor cannister or a failing fuel filler pipe seal. You didn't mention if you have had the evap mil prior to the hego mil.
That fuel filler pipe, Ford calls it "Easy Fill", is considedered an emissions component and should be covered under the emissions service life warranty. I believe thats either 120 or 150 k.
It has 67,000 miles on it.....