Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Motor Replacement/Repair Project

Mintoe

City
Owasso
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SE (1.6L)
So long story short, there was a hole in the old block and I set off on a quest to replace the motor with one from a salvage yard that was in better condition than mine. Keep in mind I have 0 experience removing a motor from a vehicle, the project happened in order to save money.

The swap has already happened at this point, any clip that I could find in pictures I took has been plugged in appropriately (as far as I know.) The old starter had to be replaced and the the battery supposedly holds charge, but was dead (prior to us charging it.) I haven't swapped spark plugs (I have new ones, just thought I'd test the new-old ones) or the distributor.

After hooking up coolant system and cables, and torquing the bolts on the motor. We went to attach the battery clips and it was sparking like crazy, and drained/shorted the battery completely.

This being said I'll provide pictures from every angle I can, just curious what you guys think I might've done wrong. Would really like to fix this thing and turn the key.

One that I am definitely questioning my decision on is whether or not we should have a ground connected to the power-steering (2nd picture) or if that should be routed elsewhere.