Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

City
Blooming Grove
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
White 2017 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan
I am currently averaging 39 miles per gallon on my 2011 SE Sedan with an Automatic Transmission.
I have a friendly question for everyone in the forum. What kind of mpg’s do you get on your fiesta?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Welcome!

I do a lot of City driving - stop start - time the llights kinda stuff - with a 5 Speed - get at low as 35 to as high at 38 - depends on who's ahead of you at the light...[driving]

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I am currently averaging 39 miles per gallon on my 2011 SE Sedan with an Automatic Transmission.
I have a friendly question for everyone in the forum. What kind of mpg’s do you get on your fiesta?
32-33 around town, 35-42 hwy pretty much never over 75mph; usually 65-70. Powershift gearbox.

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Go kart comparisons are overplayed... I don't know of any FWD go karts or any with differentials. I'm glad the Fiesta doesn't feel like a go kart TBH.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Go kart comparisons are overplayed... I don't know of any FWD go karts or any with differentials. I'm glad the Fiesta doesn't feel like a go kart TBH.
The "gocart" comparison is more descriptive of the ST version. Not saying that the basic Fiesta is not a good thing right out of the box. That gocart feel comes at a cost of increased brake wear and an engine that's normal operating temperature can quickly spike with spirited driving under certain conditions.

City
Blooming Grove
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Here is another friendly question for all Ford Fiesta Forum Enthusiasts:
When I look at my “digital engine temperature gage” on my dashboard,
it just displays as C all the way on the left for Cold, and H the way
on the right for Hot. I am guessing that the lowest cold temperature
is 180 degrees F, while the highest hot temperature is 220 degrees F.
What are your thoughts?

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I average 30-32 in mixed driving. Currently getting 36, because I took a leisurely road trip the other day.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
What are your thoughts?
Good question. I have an OBD2 Bluetooth device I am trying out this weekend. So, I will take note of the temps; it's the reason I bought...to monitor water temp.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I let my friend drive it, and the first thing he said was that it handled like a go kart. His words, not mine.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
What are your thoughts?
I get 4 bars once the water is up to about 100 degrees. It's never gotten above 200, and I've never seen more than 4 bars, ever. I stopped monitoring water temps because it's so stable.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
If your daily ride is a four door pickup truck, then yes, a Fiesta is rather cart like.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
If your daily ride is a four door pickup truck, then yes, a Fiesta is rather cart like.
If you drive a base Fiesta, the ST is also rather cart-like. Another level, if you will. Ford Performance knocked this one out of the park.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
I let my friend drive it, and the first thing he said was that it handled like a go kart. His words, not mine.
Having run karts, I can tell you an ST doesn't drive like a kart. BUT, if you have never driven a race kart it might be something you imagine a kart would feel like. A race kart beats the crap put of you, period. Even a race-prepped ST would not feel like a kart. Karts are a whole different world. Not trying to start a thing here...just sayin'. To say it is kart-like compared to most cars...that's accurate...kinda sorta.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Having run karts, I can tell you an ST doesn't drive like a kart. BUT, if you have never driven a race kart it might be something you imagine a kart would feel like. A race kart beats the crap put of you, period. Even a race-prepped ST would not feel like a kart. Karts are a whole different world. Not trying to start a thing here...just sayin'. To say it is kart-like compared to most cars...that's accurate...kinda sorta.
I think it's the direct steering and the way it doesn't have much body roll in corners. Feels flickable.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
What are your thoughts?
1620497215154.png

If and when it may ever occur the TOO Late part, the cars' engine gets a little funky - runs extremely rough and will try to cool using two cylinders alternating to fire, with the other two pumping air just to pull air into the cylinder no fuel - to take away heat.

It's in your owners manual - and usually by then, the overheat condition has already caused severe damage - this mode of operation is so you can get out of whatever you're in to escape - but the engine is suffering from massive overheat condition.

The TOO Late section takes a LOONG time to get the bar graph up that high, and it's usually from something going (boiling) dry to make it get there.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
OK did a little test OBD2 with Car Scanner for Android on my way to Cars & Coffee. Coolant bars came on at 85F, 95F, 105F, & 120F. Car saw 199.9 with 77F ambient crawling in traffic; did not light the 5th bar. My ambient off the OBD2 is not correct. Not sure where it is pulling that from. My dash displayed 77F, which matched my phone; so not sure what that's about. Seriously considering a self-made custom intake mod to lower the intake temp. It ran 25-35F hotter than outside temp. Love having Volts and Water as real-time data not just an impending-doom/you're-already-screwed light.

Screenshot_20210508-111352.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Hoff

City
Coventry
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 ford fiesta zetec petrol
Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!
Hiya guys n gals im Andy from Coventry. Im a bus driver by trade by recently bought a 2010 ford fiesta Zetec petrol.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Love having Volts and Water as real-time data not just an impending-doom/you're-already-screwed light.
Good thing to know - found this - I though it was hilarious - especially on a Sunday morning out for coffee sort of thing...

1620578511270.png

Sorry - couldn't resist...

Happy Mothers Day
to all those Mom's out there...
(...especially ones that have to put up with smart-alecky kids like me...)

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I'm finding Ambient "sensor" - just under the hood at the Air intake snorkel side, just in front of snorkel - behind Grille - towards top - has a little cutout you can see from where the snorkel mates with it's formed cutout on the main radiator cross member...

They are not the ones located on the cross bar member at the grille thru which you can see, the one I speak of - is on the top of the grille opening - i set a code and light on the dash when I tried to work on the snorkels airflow thru that cutout. Forgot to reconnect it one time - shows "0" and --- if left off the connector.

City
Blooming Grove
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive

If and when it may ever occur the TOO Late part, the cars' engine gets a little funky - runs extremely rough and will try to cool using two cylinders alternating to fire, with the other two pumping air just to pull air into the cylinder no fuel - to take away heat.

It's in your owners manual - and usually by then, the overheat condition has already caused severe damage - this mode of operation is so you can get out of whatever you're in to escape - but the engine is suffering from massive overheat condition.

The TOO Late section takes a LOONG time to get the bar graph up that high, and it's usually from something going (boiling) dry to make it get there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Handy Andy General Automotive Discussions 10