Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Please help

Fiesta101

City
Scotland
State
GA
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford fiesta
Hi I have a 2013 (63) plate fiesta ztec s 1.6 tdci my engine code is TZJA The engine has went pop the garage has advised me to fine a 2nd hand engine the local car breakers have a 2011 fiesta but the engine code is TZJB I was wondering if this will fit/ work in my car. The engines look identical any help / advise would be very much appreciated

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I see engine type "J" as common between the two, so was the Body style of the one it came out of a sedan, and yours a hatchback - sort of thing?

Else the "J" in that section of code, you shouldn't have any issues.- except for how the engine from the old wreck was treated by that owner before it was sent to the breaker yard.

Last edited:
OP
F

Fiesta101

City
Scotland
State
GA
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #3
The car at the beakers yard was a insurance right off rear end damage so hoping it will be ok thanks for your information

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Remember the issue of the Ztec versus the Duratec - the latter revisions have upgrades like cooling outlet and it's hose interconnect assembly - since you would have the hose assembly from YOUR car staying, the outlet might need an additional adapter or a hose modded to swap the outlet size and location from the Duratec to the Ztec.

You also have the issues around the Emissions class - if you had a Manual - and you get an Auto - you'll have EGR on top of the TCM - and the same can be said for you having an Auto - but getting a Manual - it expects an EGR valve and to talk to a TCM..

Last edited:
OP
F

Fiesta101

City
Scotland
State
GA
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford fiesta
Thread Starter #5
They are both z tech same injectors both euro 5 Iam going to purchase today and hope for the best