Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Rear left hand tail and licence plate lights not working 2011 ST

Dazza444

City
Kingscliff
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2011WT Fiesta ST
I have been having problems with the LH tail light and license plate light ,my sons 2011 WT Fiesta, have checked the wiring fuse is OK, and traced wire back to main harness connector behind LH side kick panel, and there was no 12V active on Purple green, I am thinking it is the output on the body control manual, as the brake and reverse lights are working so the negative must be OK, anyone else had this problem and how hard is it to replace BCM, also if someone has the pin out wiring color diagram of the BCM that would be very helpful, Aussi right hand drive Fiesta.

Cheers Darren

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
To just blame the BCM, did you do a continuity check from the connector at the BCM - for your purple / green wire?

Reasoning is this, when the BCM blows, it may mean the short occurred in the harness
  • - possibly from an impact or loosened and now lost harness clip
    • - so sharp metal cut the insulation
  • - or this was derived from a impact that broke the wire inside the harness,
That's why I ask about the continuity check - we need to make sure - with the bulb out of the socket - that the wire is still good, else replacing the BCM, might not fix this, and a hidden short can damage the next BCM you installed. The bulb needs to be removed, because a meter it will "detect" the ground wire ground and cut across a working filament and show good, but that continuity is all due to the filament short the bulb "shows" is back at the taillight

So you lost part of a side - Tag light and taillight, but not Brake? Turn signal ok?

IF all the other wires are good, this might be a simpler broken wire or socket crimp at the connector to the BCM.

We don't have much info on the Electrical for a 2011 Fiesta.