Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ac not working

City
Zanesville
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 ford fiesta SE
I have a 2011 SE. I work at a Honda dealer and had a master tech look at it. Everything is working as it should holds pressure new high pressure switch no leaks compressor test good. Now he can turn the ac on with his scan tool and it kick the compressor or and works perfect but it will not kick on by it’s self having done much to it but I know the system works it just won’t kick on by its self and help would be much appreciated
Thanks

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Does the amber light indicator come on when the compressor is on? Do the hi speed cooling fans become active on max A/C?
The new members area is not the proper place to open a failed component inquiry. But, done is done.

Mercurios2011

Premium Account
City
interlachen
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se 5spd
bad relay or fuse maybe? remember he is by passing those components by manually engaging the system (jumping)
how ever there is a sensor under the dash on the passenger side that goes bad from time to time is called evaporator sensor or something like that , check it too or maybe a clogged expansion valve on the firewall ?
i don't mess much with ac systems ,just my 2 cents
another problem is that the car itself has poor ventilation to the condenser
3 years after the car was bought from FORD with a whooping 5 miles on the odometer the system failed , it was then fixed under warranty then lasted 4 years and i never cared to fix after

OP
C
City
Zanesville
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 ford fiesta SE
Thread Starter #4
bad relay or fuse maybe? remember he is by passing those components by manually engaging the system (jumping)
how ever there is a sensor under the dash on the passenger side that goes bad from time to time is called evaporator sensor or something like that , check it too or maybe a clogged expansion valve on the firewall ?
i don't mess much with ac systems ,just my 2 cents
another problem is that the car itself has poor ventilation to the condenser
3 years after the car was bought from FORD with a whooping 5 miles on the odometer the system failed , it was then fixed under warranty then lasted 4 years and i never cared to fix after
We checked all the fuses and relays they were fine I’ll check the sensor under the dash tomorrow I ordered a heat/ac controller because it was cheap I’m going to replace it and see what happens. I appreciate the input and for not being so stuck up about some bullshit rules of a forum that’s literally supposed to be something to help people so thanks man

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Anything that causes a restriction could have the effect of causing the system to shut down. Possibly the oriface tube has broken or become clogged with debris? Unfortunately the refrigerant has to be purged and an inspection performed. Keep us updated on what you find out.
It’s a a poor image. But, I am putting my money on the problem being a failed or obstructed oriface tube.

Attachments

Last edited: